Re: Is it possible to have icons instead of bullets in TOC

Amaya has two ways of dealing with this.
One is <li><span style="list-style-image: url(point.gif);">write
something here</span></li>
which only affects the single list item and is what will happen if you
have the cursor at a point in a list but no selection -
or for a whole list or sub-list Amaya will put the style in the list itself.

I created the code below with only point and click using Charles' technique.

<ol style="list-style-image: url(w3c-amaya.gif);">
  <li>one</li>
  <li>two
    <ol style="list-style-image: url(point.gif);">
      <li>oneone</li>
      <li>twotow</li>
      <li>threethree</li>
      <li>fourfour</li>
    </ol>
  </li>
  <li>three</li>
  <li>four</li>
</ol>

First of all create the lists by inserting them as you probably did.
Then select the sub-list, but make sure you have the whole sub-list
selected. Dragging will leave the end members off so use F2 or click
on the sequence on the status bar at the bottom to select the correct
list then use Format > Style Editor > Style > list-style-image to
insert the image.

Then select the whole list and do the process again with a second
image that will affect the main list.

It was fun experimenting with this. Ask again if it's not clear.