Re: Amaya won't start in window xp

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 04:16, Riannamay@aol.com wrote:
> Hello, I downloaded Amaya and it won't start in windows xp. I read about
> putting it into the documents area in your FAQ so that's what I did, and
> still didn't work, in either programs area or documents.  Don't have any
> other problems installing programs on my friends computer. Tips would help
> me please. You can email them to Butch at _bbanneli@aol.com_
> (mailto:bbanneli@aol.com) Thanks

It could be a problem with the HOMEPATH:
Amaya uses
$SystemDriv:\Documents and Settings\$USERNAME instead of $USERPROFILE
If the HOMEPATH directory doesn't exist, Amaya cannot start.

To check these variables, you open a Command Prompt and type:
 echo %USERNAME%
 echo %USERPROFILE%

This problem will be fixed in next release but meanwhile you can
create the missing directory ($SystemDriv:\Documents and Settings\$USERNAME)
by hand.

Regards
     Irène.
-----