Re: Dynamic positioning of page elements within Amaya

Le dimanche 08 février 2009 à 11:15 +0900, David Lockett a écrit :
> Amaya does not appear to support dynamic positioning attributes such as
> position: absolute, position: relative and position: fixed. This is
> unfortunate because these attributes appear to be standards compliant
> and are increasingly popular with web developers. Refer to
> http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_class_position.asp for details.

Positioning attributes such as absolute and relative are normally
interpreted in the current version (could you point me to the page which
is misinterpreted). Position: fixed is interpreted as absolute by Amaya.

> The positioning attributes can be used in association with top: and left
> and margin -top margin-left position reference attributes, enabling
> those elements to be dynamically dragged into position. The z-index
> attribute then allows elements to be stacked in a desired order one on
> top of another so that text for example can be displayed above an image.
> Refer to http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_pos_z-index.asp for details.

The z-index attribute is not interpreted yet by Amaya.

> If the dynamic positioning and stacking of attributes were to be
> permitted within Amaya (currently, Amaya wipes all of these attributes
> from the code when Code clean up is applied), then dynamic positioning
> and element stacking should only be available when specially requested
> by a developer, in order to avoid client users who onlly wist to edit
> text within a pre designed page cannot accidentally disturb the
> underlying page design and layout.

Code clean up function was specially developed to clean up pages
generated by word processors. It removes effectively deprecated HTML
elements, style and lang attributes as usually word processors generate
a lot of these attributes.
We can improve that function to keep style and lang attributes attached
to div, images, and tables.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA