Re: distribution for linux / ppc?

From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 22:18:57 +0800
To: Irene.Vatton@inria.fr
CC: www-amaya-dev@w3.org

Irene Vatton wrote:
> Le mercredi 09 juillet 2008 à 11:18 +0800, Zhang Weiwu a écrit :
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I am using Linux/PPC and wish to use amaya. My distribution didn't
>> provide a package for amaya (gentoo linux), in such case I usually
>> compile from source manually. But I failed with amaya source
>> distribution. It had been several months ago, I only had the impression
>> it was because assembly code was included and couldn't compile to local
>> machine code.
>>

> I suspect a problem with a missing library on your platform.
> Are you sure you get a full source distribution (with extra libraries).
> Could send us a trace of the reported error?

I'd glad to. When I try to grab the source again and do a compile, I
again confused exactly as I did last time. There is a version called
"amaya-source" and comment say it "include extra libs" and a version
called "amaya-fullsrc" and comment say it "same without Amaya-release
root directory". So which is the /full source/ that /include extra
libs/? I could have tried both but with my wireless WAN connection it
would take hours to download only one of them, so please hint me:) Thanks.