Re: Debian patches review

From: Regis Boudin <regis@boudin.name>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:15:32 +0100 (BST)
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
Cc: www-amaya-dev@w3.org

Hi,

Sorry for the small delay, I was on holiday...

On Wed, September 5, 2007 07:58, Irene Vatton wrote:
>> Is there a chance to have the exact error message, or even better a full
>> build log ? It would really help to fix the issue, whatever it is.
>>

> I suspect a problem with configure options used by amaya_wx.spec:
> ../configure --prefix=/usr/share --exec=/usr/share  --datadir=/usr/share

I sincerely doubt this is related, as the prefix, exec, and datadir
parameters are not passed through.

However, I would likte to point that installing everything in /usr/share
is wrong. This directory is meant to include only the architecture
independant files. If you install everything in it, you put binaries,
which are certainly arch-dependant. For the record, what I pass for the
debian package is "--prefix=/usr/lib --bindir=/usr/bin".

Also, having a quick look at the spec file, it would be cleaner to replace
"make install prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share"
with
"make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT"

At the end, this will have exactly the same result, with a better
separation between your spec file and the actual Amaya build/install
scripts.

HTH,

Regis