Re: Compiling 9.52 snapshot on Debian 3.1 stable

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 03:28, Robin Whittle wrote:
> If someone can help me with compiling the snapshot of the forthcoming
> Amaya 9.52 on Debian 3.1 stable, I would appreciate it.  This is my
> first attempt at compiling Amaya.  The problem so far is with
> .../configure - I have been unable to download the correct libraries to
> have this run to completion with either the (default) wsWidgets option
> or --with-gtk.
>
> I understand very little about these libraries - I would just like to be
> able to compile Amaya.
>
>   - Robin
>

> I downloaded:
>
>   http://wam.inrialpes.fr/software/amaya/amaya-fullsrc-9.52.tgz
>
> as per Irene's email to the list on 6 October.  In the Amaya directory I
> made a directory 0-rw-build and from there gave the command:
>
>     ../configure
>
> or  ../configure --with-wx   which gave identical results.

Yes.

> At first I got an error about gtk-config.  I also tried:
>
>     ../configure --with-gtk

Please use a different sub-directory for "../configure --with-gtk"
The generated Options amd Makefile files are not compatible.

We updated the http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/AmayaWX.html page to give the
complete list (we hope so) of packages you have to install first.
Let us know if you've still problems.

--
     Irène.
-----