Re: [amaya-dev]Re: still trying to compile Amaya on Windows

At 20:46 06/10/31, Irene Vatton wrote:

>Could you check what include pathes are set for libjpeg?
>
>Settings -> Additional include directories:
>..\..\libjpeg,..\..\thotlib\include

Same here. Directly from the settings for the libjpeg project,
C/C++ tab, category "preprocessor", field "include file path":
/I "..\..\libjpeg" /I "..\..\thotlib\include"

Still, it didn't work. It may be that the include file
path is somehow taken relative to the wrong directory,
but I couldn't immagine why.

>The amaya.rc must be located in the amaya directory and not in amaya\wxdialog
>I don't understand why your Visual Studio is looking for an amaya.rc in the
>wxdialog directory.
>More, the amaya.rc file is only used to compile without the _WX option, but
>you're compiling the WX version.

amaya.rc was included in the wxdialog subfolder of the amaya project.
I deleted it, and now compilation is progressing. Can you delete it
too in the snapshot?

After this, compilation moves through the various files in the amaya
project itself, without problems. But there is a problem with linking:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "freetype2110_D.lib"

Looking around for similar files, I found
    freetype\objs\freetype2110ST_D.lib
In the same directory, there is also a debug_st subdirectory that
contains all the .obj files. I got over that error by simply
copying freetype2110ST_D.lib to freetype2110_D.lib in the same
directory. But it would be good if either the freetype project
or the amaya project were adjusted.

Next, I got some link errors, as follows:

linking...
   Building library .\bin/amaya.lib and object .\bin/amaya.exp
libwww.lib(resconf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "_idn__util_getregistrystring"

This has to do with the earlier reported fix in libwww\modules\idn\util.c
that switched off the WIN32 #define. I tried to add the same #undefine to
the affected files, namely util.h, resconf.c, and converter.c, but that
doesn't work, there are some followup errors. But I'm confident that
I can solve this on my own, it's in the IDN (Internationalized Domain Names)
code that I added.

But for the following link errors, I don't have a solution. Please help.

freetype2110_D.lib(type42.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__pctype"
freetype2110_D.lib(type1cid.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__pctype"
freetype2110_D.lib(type1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__pctype"
freetype2110_D.lib(type42.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "___mb_cur_max"
freetype2110_D.lib(type1cid.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "___mb_cur_max"
freetype2110_D.lib(type1.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "___mb_cur_max"

Regards,     Martin.