Time for a point release?

From: PFJ <paul@all-the-johnsons.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:43:04 +0100
To: amaya-dev <www-amaya-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

With my Fedora Extras hat on here...

Is there any chance, any time soon, of Amaya having a new tarball
generated which includes the ability to use the version of wx-widgets,
libwww etc already on the persons machine as well as having all the
lovely 64 bit fixes included?

I'm asking as I have a complete build failure on both x86_64 and i386
for the tarball on the website as there is a problem with the version of
wx-widgets shipped with gcc 4.1 (also reported by SuSE users) as well as
the code (can't remember off the top of my head where, but there was a
problem with a member function not being part of the class or something
like that).

The versions shipped with Fedora Extras (8.5 and 9.5-1) are both broken
currently and I have people poking me with sticks to get newer versions
up there.

Failing a new tarball, can the patches be made available on the amaya
website?

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who