Re: Integration of Amaya with other wxWidgets app

> Hi all,
>    I've just downloaded amaya 9.0 and it looks very impressive !!
> Good work ! It's going to be one of my favourite tools...

Thank you, we really appreciate!

> Anyway, what I'd like to ask is: I'm developing an open source
> wxWidgets-based application... I was wondering: is there a way
> to integrate the amaya editor window within another wx-based app ?

As I said earlier on the wxWidgets mailing list, it should be possible
to create a "wxAmaya" widget but I think there is a lot of work :
- Every Amaya commands should be disconnected from the user interface
and maybe a wxWidgets classe should be created to register Amaya
commands and be able to call it when something append.
- Some work should be also necessary to isolate differents view of the
document and maybe create wxWidgets interfaces to manipulate documents
and view ...
- Network code is not compatible with wxSockets ... it uses libwww and I
didnt succeed to integrate wxSocket in Amaya :(
- Finally I think there is a lot of work around events and eventloop
because If you want to create a Amaya widgets it supposes that Amaya
should be pluggable into an existing evenloop ... This point is not easy
I think.

> I'm starting to dig into amaya developers doc; can you give me an hint
> about the name of the class which handles the document editor window
> of amaya ?

To be short : Each documents are rendered into a opengl canvas which is
named "AmayaCanvas" (inherits from wxGLCanvas), each canvas is embedded
on a frame ("AmayaFrame"), each frame is embedded in a notebook
("AmayaNotebook") page ("AmayaPage"), the notebook is embedded in a
window ("AmayaWindow" which inerits from wxFrame).

Regards,

--
Stéphane GULLY - (http://www.zeitoun.net)