Re: Amaya HTML parser.

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:23:10 +0200, Irene Vatton
<irene.vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:

>The problem is that many HTML documents don't respect HTML specifications.
I know that many HTML documents don't respect the standard. I've
either said it or hinted it in this thread several times allready.

>Documents should be parsed with a SGML parser and must be rejected as=20
>soon as an error occurs.
I am vaguely familiar with SGML but not intimately familiar with it.
For that reason there may be something relevant to paring HTML
in the above, but I feel to see it.

At this point I have to admit that I am starting to get annoyed.
I've asked my fundamental question ovcer and over. It is a
question which can be answered yes or no, but allows for further
elucidation is welcome. Yet people talk around it, never answering
it directly,

Is the Amaya HTML parser good enough to take and use
in an industrial strength application ( eg a serious web
browser, where most pages will be parsed irregardless
of the errors )?

Thaddeus L. Olczyk
Think twice, code once.