Re: Missing routines in the distribution.

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:23:46 -0500 (EST)
schulz@adi.com (Thomas Schulz) wrote:

> > Are you sure you processed as explained in
> >             http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Autoconf.html
> > 1) create a new empty subdirectory obj
> > 2) move into this subdirectory and execute "../configure"
> > 3) launch "make"
>
> Yes, I did exactly that (I called the subdirectory 'aix').  I ran configure
> as ../configure --with-gtk.  When is the app compiler created and run?
> The file EDITORAPP.c does not exist at the time that grm is being built.
> It looks like the app compiler might be built by Amaya/aix/batch/Makefile,
> but not until after it tries to build grm.  Some interestisting lines
> from the Makefile:

Yes grm is the meta compiler that generates str, prs, tra and app compilers.
The file APP.LAN defines the grammar of the language A of Thot.
Make should build grm, then str, ..., then app is launched to generate
EDITORAPP.c, HTMLAPP.c, etc. These files are necessary to compile amaya.

> COMPILERS=../bin/grm ../bin/str ../bin/prs ../bin/tra ../bin/app
>
> GRMS     = APP.GRM PRESEN.GRM STRUCT.GRM TRANS.GRM
>
> all : ../bin $(GRMS) $(COMPILERS) \
>           ../bin/printstr ../bin/rescandialogue
>
> APP.GRM : APP.LAN ../bin/grm
>         (DIR=`pwd` ; THOTDIR=$$DIR/$(THOTDIR) ; export THOTDIR ; \
>         cd ../../batch ; $$DIR/../bin/grm APP)
>
> I expect that configure is doing something wrong, but there are no error
> messages when it runs.  I have captured the on screen output from configure,
> and could make it or anything else available if that would help.  I expect
> that all the other problems have the same cause as this one.

You could before go into the Amaya directory and launch "autoconf" then go
back in the aix subdirectory and execute "../configure" (--with-gtk is the default value).
I remember also that I launched "gmake MAKE=gmake" on AIX platforms.
You could also launch "gmake MAKE=gmake -n " to see what gmake tries to do.
     Irene.
-----