Re: Amaya GL font issues on OS X

From: Paul Cheyrou-lagreze <Paul.Cheyrou-Lagreze@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:28:43 +0100
To: pldms@mac.com
Cc: www-amaya-dev@w3.org

Hi,

As it looks like fonts are not correctly handled, I think it's more a font configuration file issue :

You should make sure you have good fonts in your Amaya font config file :

check : http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/FAQ.html#Change%20Fonts

If fonts paths are incorrect, Amaya will try to find fonts in your system (but with less success, I think)

Prefered fonts are scalable fonts, like ttf (truetype) or OpenType fonts (TrueType variants) with Unicode Mapping.

So try to make amaya finds out good fonts on your system. If fonts aren't scalable or unicode, it may cause several bugs...

For the symbol fonts, don't use the symbol.ttf, try symbol.pfb (should be somewhere in fink...)

-Paul