Re: Failure to build on SuSE 8.1

RE: Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:20:22 -0500 (EST)
From: Ed Hurst <softedges@gmx.net>
To: www-amaya-dev@w3.org
Subject: Failure to build on SuSE 8.1

  It looks like you got through most of the compilation, but when the
compiler tried to put it together you were missing some libraries.

  I can guess that you need zlib, libjpeg, and libpng, which I think are
supposed to come with Amaya.

  They are almost certainly on your machine somewhere, so search for things
containing "libz" (zlib) "libjpeg" or "libpng" in directories like /usr/lib
or /usr/local/lib or even in the Amaya source.

  The files you find are the shared libraries which supply functions like
"gzread" and "png_set_dither" which you were missing before.

  All you need then is to go to the Options file located in LINUX-ELF and
type -L/usr/local/lib (for example) in the appropriate place (one of the
lines that says LIBRARIES or LIBS near the beginning).

  It doesn't matter which lines you add it to if you put it at the end, so
you can try all of them at the same time.

  Someone could make a better guess than I am if you posted the last lines
generated by the ../configure script and the last command run BEFORE you
started getting those final error messages. (Something like gcc -o
../bin/amaya ...)

  Sincerely,
  Joseph Myers