Re: Amaya7.1 binary + compilation errors on Solaris2.8

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:37:01 -0500 (EST)
Shanti Suresh <shanti@umich.edu> wrote:

> Folks,
>

> I am having compilation problems on Solaris2.8 "--with-gtk" and
> "--without-gtk". The former option can't find gdk_imb.h and the latter

This fils should be available in a gtk distribution.

> cannot find "MathML.h" and "SVG.h". I have attached the GNU make
> error for the compilation of Amaya using "--without-gtk" option.

The files "MathML.h" and "SVG.h" are generated when file SVG.S and
MathML.S are compiled. Probably make considered that SVG.S and
MathML.S should not be compiled.
I suggest you remove in the directory Aamaya/amaya all files *.STR *.PRS
and *.TRA then you relaunch "make".

> The binary-only also won't run because it needs
> "libpng.so.2". Would you know where I can get the library?

The "--with-gtk" version uses the system library called by gdk_imlib.
The "--without-gtk" version uses normally the local library. To use the system
library (located at /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2on my solaris8 box), I have to
configure "--without-graphic-libs".

--
     Irene.