Re: Amaya 6.3 Bug Report (Was: Bug: Changing character entities?)

> All pending bugs in [1] are still present. Any idea of when they might be
> addressed -- particularly the dictionary interface?

As I know many of them are not really bugs.
See following comments.

> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya-dev/2002Jul/0004.html

Subject: Bug Report for Amaya 6.2 8-July-2002

UNSURE (Seems better, need more experience)

2. When copying and pasting in text mode, the paste frequently loses
spaces and hypertext. Seems to be working better now, but doesn't always
capture all the formatting but maybe I'm not selecting it properly. A
related problem is in the source view, when I copy and paste and href
elements, sometimes the internal whitespace is lost within the tag.

	In a structure editior the selection level is very very important.
	If you have a text within an anchor within a paragraph, the selection
	level says what you really want to copy.

PENDING

1. I really wish it wouldn't rewrite my names/id to prevent
collision, this has cost me hours in accumulated time in figuring out
where I have broken fragments. When I copy something, it's fine if the
new (pasted) name/id number changes, but not the original name.

	Normally it should do that that it seems it didn't in your case.
	I probably need to build an environment where this bug occurs.

2. When editing <pre> deletions in one part create alterations in
unrelated portions of the same pre element.For instance, try
inserting white space at the end of the "<schema ..." line in:
http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/Overview.html#sec-Encrypti
on-Syntax

	I cannot access your URI. I'm sure I fixed a bug in the editing of pre
	and now when I do what you say it works.
	Probably I don't understand what "alterations" means for you.

4. Feature request: bounce (increase/decrease) the nesting level of nested
lists easily.

	It's not a bug.

5. A shortcut key for skipping/replacing+next in the spell checker so I
don't have to rely upon the mouse and compex navigation to quickly move
through the document.

	I'd like to do that but I don't know how to process.
	Somebody can help?
	Today Tab, arrows, and Enter seem to work.

5.1 If I select one of the options in the spell checker
replace the mispelled text with that option, just don't skip it!

	Not sure everybody will agree, but we could do that.
	It's not a bug, it's a requested feature.

6. Why doesn't it respect CR/LF when I paste text into the window?

	Amaya works on structured elements. When you paste into a <p>
	line-feeds are equivalent to spaces. When you paste into a <pre>
	Amaya keeps line-feeds.

11. when I paste from another X application, it crashes 50% of the time.
 body="end

	Sorry but we cannot reproduce this bug. We often paste from
	another X application and it doesn't crash.
	Please give us a more precise context.

> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 04:58 pm, reagle@w3.org wrote:
> > I've noted that amaya converts my &deg; character entity into the <B0>
> > character. This character is rendered incorrectly by some browsers,
> > including Opera 6.03, and I'd rather it keep my character entity anyway.
> > Is this possible?

	This character is also a MathML eentity and Amaya avoids to generate
	MathML entities when the MathML namespace is not used.
	What Amaya does is correct, but we may make an exception for this
	character.