re: compiling amaya

From: Andrew Wallace <andreww@pcs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:09:27 +0000
To: "www-amaya-dev@w3.org" <www-amaya-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

I have managed to compile amaya, although I had some problems and had to
edit the Options file to do it.

When compiling on Solaris 2.6 with gcc version 2.8.1 and gnumake version
3.74
the link editor was complaining about libXp.a

ld: fatal: file /usr/local/lib/libXp.a: unknown type, unable to process
using elf(3E) libraries
ld: fatal: library -lXp: not found

But it is there.

So I removed -lXp from the X_PRE_LIBS value

and recompiled which worked.

My questions are:

Anybody know what libXp.a does. My guess is it is something to do with X
protocol.

Anybody know where I can get a new one?

Regards,

Andy Wallace