Re: Editor.A...where does it get updated?

> ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BF56DF.632AAC60
>
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to only reconfigure the menu bar, move some things around and get
> rid of one of the menu bars... I edited Editor.A to get rid of the Links
> Menu but how do I update this? I tried rebuilding the entire project but
> when I went to see editor.h, it still had the dialogue linked to Links. How
> do I update the changes in Editor.A without doing a complete rebuild.. is
> this possible?
>
> Thanks for any information,
>
> David

Hi David,

I want just inform you that you have to use the list www-amaya-dev@w3.org for
this kind of technical questions.

If you want to change the order in the menu bar or if you want to add a new
entry
in any menu you have to:
- edit EDITOR.A
- rebuild the application
- update dialogue files Amaya/config/*-amayadialogue
The text displayed depends of the current interface language and we make the
correspondance between the position in menus and the text by using the indice
generated by the application compiler app.
When app compiles EDITOR.A it generates a file EDITORdialogue that gives the
position each menu entry should have in the dialogue file.
We use the program rescandialogue (not built on Windows platform but the
source code
is available) to reorder automatically dialogue files.

For example if I want to add a new entry 10 NEW, I just have to insert that
entry in my old dialogue file xx-amayadialogue just after the entry 9
9  AAA
10 NEW
10 BBB
11 CCC
After launching "rescandialogue xx-amayadialogue", I will have
9  AAA
10 NEW
11 BBB
12 CCC
Remark: When you add a new entry menu, you must declare the function in the
file
amaya.profiles otherwise it won't be displayed.
See the section "Adding a new dialogue" in the document
 http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Amaya-dev.html

You can dynamically hide menu entries by using the profile mechanism.
See Special->Preferences->Profiles and the file Amaya/config/amaya.profiles

Regards
   Irene.