Re: Interesting note about executable name

> I by accident renamed Amaya.exe in the Windows/bin to amaya1.exe one day and
> I noticed that everything worked fine except that the menus were being
> initialized off of en-amayamsg instead of en-amayadialogue and also that it
> wasn't initialized amaya.profiles.  Is there any reason for this weird
> anomaly?
>
> Curious,
>
> John

Hi John,

That's normal. The dialogue is managed by a genereric Thot toolkit which uses
the application name to connect the application to its dialogue file: the name
is $(lang)-$(appli)dialogue
When the application is named amaya it's looking for $(lang)-amayadialogue.
When
it's named amaya1, it's looking for $(lang)-amaya1dialogue.
The file $(lang)-amayamsg is an additional dialogue file also managed by the
Thot toolkit but its name is explicitly given by the application itself.

  Irene.