windows 95 platform bug

From: John Russell <VE3LL@RAC.CA>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:18:46 -0400
To: www-amaya-dev@w3.org
the new version of Amaya seems to disregard
 my setting of the cache location ----
i set it to c:\Program Files\Amaya........
    via cache option in settings
    and confirm it by looking at my thot.rc
note the use of space in program files as this is a standard
windows file.......

and i kill the 'programfiles' folder and 'program' folder  that
got there mysteriously -- i dislike extra baggage in an
already obtuse filing system

next run gives error dialog -- couldnt start cache --
   it then proceeds to remake 'programfiles' [note no space]
and 'programs'....... not very pleasant
i have looked in environment but cant find any var there
or even searching through amaya stuff for keyword
programfile.......   is it embedded somewhere
so that i can put the darn space back into it.....

and i see that my thot.rc file has been rewritten
in unix ( without cr's) rather than dos text format (with cr's)

what establishes THOTDIR  as this is used in win-thot.rc
to set some poiinters .....   looked in environment and in
registry for programfile  --- no can find where pointer
with missing space is !!!

john russell  VE3LL@RAC.CA

homepage: http://web.cgocable.net/~jrussel