Re: Free fonts for MathML

Hi,

We would be very lucky to have free available fonts for mathematics symbols.
As you know we have two different platform families and so two different fonts
managements: one based on the X technology and one based on the Windows
technology.
At the same time we're currently investigating the Unicode support and the GTK
interface. I guess you plan to deliver Unicode fonts?

> Dear all,
> First let me congratulate you with your excellent browser/editor. Thanks to
> Amaya we were able to start 'prototype'-tagging MathML in one of products!
> About the fonts:
> The STIX working group is developing free fonts containing 2000 symbols for
> scientific publishing. STIX is part of STIPUB, a group of leading publishers in
> the field STM publishing (ACS, AIP, AMS APS, Elsevier Science and IEEE). The
> goal is to get rid of all the (propriety) copyright hassles for authors and
> publishers. The STIX fonts will be freely available for everybody.
> I am the representative of Elsevier Science within STIX. Elsevier Science has
> already started with the development of app. 900 of the 2000 fonts.
> Our font developer needs input from you - that is MathML browser/editor
> developers - about the best way to define the font specifications for your
> 'rendering machine'. At this moment we are stuck because we do not know how some
> of the symbols will used in your browser/editor.
> Could you please contact us ASAP.
>
> With kind regards,
>
> W(im) S. de Vries LL M
> Publishing Technology Researcher
> Information Technology & Business Development
> Elsevier Science NL
> tel. (+31) 20 4852733
> fax  (+31) 20 4852812
>
> Sara Burgerhartstraat 25