RE: [AAPI] Minutes UIA TF Meeting Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Apologies, belated regrets, was out sick today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joanmarie Diggs [mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:19 PM
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Cc: wai-xtech@w3.org
Subject: [AAPI] Minutes UIA TF Meeting Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Link: https://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

   Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-aapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Rich_Schwerdtfeger

   Regrets
   Chair
          Joseph_Scheuhammer

   Scribe
          joanie

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4](All) Level of detail in UIA mappings.
         2. [5](Joseph, Joanie) Remove RELATION_POPUP_FOR from
            ATK/AT-SPI mappings of aria-haspopup
         3. [6](Joanie) AX API mapping issues and testing.
         4. [7](All) Joseph post ARIA 1.1
         5. [8](Joanie, Joseph) Fix IA2 and ATK mappings for
            aria-current
         6. [9](All) Joseph post ARIA 1.1
         7. [10](Joanie, Joseph) Fix IA2 and ATK mappings for
            aria-current
         8. [11]Triage actions/issues:
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions

   <clown> agenda: this

   <scribe> scribe: joanie

(All) Level of detail in UIA mappings.

   JS: We have a request to Bogdan to update the UIA mappings to
   add some more detail.
   ... There has been some back and forth via email.
   ... Bogdan recently let us know that he will be a bit delayed
   with the proposed change due to a "(good) family change."
   ... I was working on a test case today and it would have been
   quite helpful to have had more detail for UIA.

(Joseph, Joanie) Remove RELATION_POPUP_FOR from ATK/AT-SPI mappings of aria-haspopup

   JS: Joanie had done a pull request to remove
   RELATION_POPUP_FOR.
   ... We discussed it last week.
   ... Today when I went to merge it, I had conflicts.
   ... I resolved it.

   <clown> [14]https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/537

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/537

   JS: URL above.
   ... It ends with a comment to Joanie to close it.

   <clown>
   [15]https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/7ab9810353df4d24c0a17ad3
   9c2e55871f253775#diff-050019a87fcff05c45d14598767c5e28

     [15]
https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/7ab9810353df4d24c0a17ad39c2e55871f253775#diff-050019a87fcff05c45d14598767c5e28

   <clown>
   [16]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#a
   riaHaspopupTrue

     [16]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaHaspopupTrue

   JD: Looks good to me.
   ... I'll close it.

   JS: You can close the branch too, or I can.

   JD: Please do. Thanks!

   JS: Done

(Joanie) AX API mapping issues and testing.

   JS: It's the weekly checkin.

   JD: I have been focued on all things harness. So no new updates
   on this particular item. Sorry!

(All) Joseph post ARIA 1.1

   RS: Jess sent me an email.
   ... They only have funding until the end of April.

   JS: And I don't think we'll be to CR by then.
   ... I should be able to do what's currently known.

   RS: I don't think there will be much more.

   JD: Hopefully not, but don't speak too soon. I'm finding bugs
   in the Core AAM as a consequence of the ATTA work.
   ... aria-current is the latest example

   JS: So I need to see how many hours I have left that I can
   spend on ARIA.
   ... And will get as much done as we can.

(Joanie, Joseph) Fix IA2 and ATK mappings for aria-current

(All) Joseph post ARIA 1.1

   RS: We need to figure out what we're going to do.
   ... ARIA shouldn't need any editing now that we're in CR.

   JS: There's Core AAM and AccName.

   JD: Since I'm way more comfortable with Core AAM than AccName,
   if Joseph has to focus on one, I'd prefer he focus on AccName.

   RS: By the way, did you hear from Dominic?

   <clown>
   [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2017Mar/00
   54.html

     [17] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2017Mar/0054.html

   JD: I didn't get a reply back.

   JS: URL to the message Joanie sent above.
   ... And neither Dominic nor Alex have replied.

   JD: I will follow up with them if I don't hear back in a couple
   of days.

(Joanie, Joseph) Fix IA2 and ATK mappings for aria-current

   JS: Joanie did another pull request a little while ago about
   aria-current.

   <clown> [18]https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/543

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/543

   JS: Link above.
   ... Joanie caught this as part of her ATTA work.
   ... This was just an hour ago.
   ... But it looks like the attribute just needs to change from
   "active" to "current".
   ... I will do this by the end of the week.

Triage actions/issues:
[19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

   <clown> action-1681

   <trackbot> action-1681 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Propose new
   wording, as an editorial change only to clarify the inclusion
   rules in section 5.1.2 -- due 2017-03-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1681

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1681

   <clown>
   [21]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#m
   apping_general

     [21]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_general

   JS: Regarding action-1681, I raised it quite some time ago
   because I thought the inclusion/exclusion rules were vague.
   ... Cynthia took a look and said overall things were fine, but
   that there were a few things which could be improved.
   ... Rich subsequently wrote a couple of paragraphs for the ARIA
   spec.
   ... I have since written some text for Core AAM (see link
   above).
   ... It's the third paragraph (beginning with 'The terms
   "exposing", "mapping", and "including"')

   RS: Does this cover aria-owns?

   <clown> Elements that have an ID which is referenced by another
   element via a WAI-ARIA relation
   ([22]https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-controls,
   [23]https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-describedby,
   [24]https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-flowto,
   [25]https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-labelledby
   or [26]https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-owns) and
   are not
   [27]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#d
   fn-hidden.

     [22] https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-controls,
     [23] https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-describedby,
     [24] https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-flowto,
     [25] https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-labelledby
     [26] https://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#aria-owns)
     [27]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#dfn-hidden.

   <clown> Elements that have an ID which is referenced by another
   element via a WAI-ARIA relation (aria-controls,
   aria-describedby, aria-flowto, aria-labelledby or aria-owns)
   and are not hidden.

   JS: There's a section on inclusion which has the text I pasted
   above.

   RS: Did you include aria-details?

   JS: That's a good observation.

   RS: Also aria-errormessage.

   JS: Ok.
   ... Every time we add a new property, we're going to have to
   update this list.
   ... Oh well.

   RS: Yup.
   ... I don't fully agree with item 4.

   JS: Read the next item.

   RS: Should we list those?

   JS: It comes up later on.
   ... This is supposed to be a high-level section. The details
   come up in subsequent sections, like 5.1.1.

   RS: Under item 4, I would say, "in instances where ..."
   ... I would change item 5's second bullet.
   ... You might want to again say, "in instances where the host
   language allows for CSS display:none, they cannot be made
   focusable."
   ... Right now it's kind of wishy-washy....

   JS: I'll think about it.

   RS: In host languages where display:none is allowed on
   elements, those elements cannot be made focusable.

   JS: OK.
   ... I've also added a link to your (Rich's) section.
   ... So I send readers somewhere else to get the details.

   RS: I think this is fine.

   JS: Under 5.1.2, the second bullet has a new sentence.
   ... "Accessibility API events are documented in the Events
   section."
   ... With Rich's suggested modifications being made, can we
   close this?

   RS: Yes, and I don't need to review it.

   JS: What markup language doesn't allow display:none?

   RS: You mentioned HTML, so....

   JS: Thank you for your suggestions.
   ... Once I get those done, it will take care of both an issue
   and an action.

   Group: Yay!

   <clown> action-2057

   <trackbot> action-2057 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Suggest that axapi
   mapping of role="form" should be a landmark in the AXSubRole.
   -- due 2016-05-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2057

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2057

   JS: There's an action on Joanie (above).
   ... It was due May of last year.

   <clown>
   [29]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#r
   ole-map-form

     [29]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-form

   JD: Still on my list. Sorry!

   <clown> action-2130

   <trackbot> action-2130 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Determine if AX
   AXPI supports an event if the accessible description changes.
   -- due 2016-12-20 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2130

     [30] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2130

   JD: We can answer this one after we finish the ATTA and harness
   work.

   <clown> action-2131

   <trackbot> action-2131 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Review
   HTML-AAM -- due 2017-01-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2131

     [31] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2131

   <clown> [32]https://github.com/w3c/html-aam/issues/81

     [32] https://github.com/w3c/html-aam/issues/81

   RS: I've done a little bit of the review, but I'm not yet done.

   JS: You filed github issue 81.

   RS: Steve made some changes and closed the issue.
   ... We actually discussed it on the ARIA call a while back.

   JS: Can we close your issue?

   RS: No. I'm still working on it. Issue 81 was just one part of
   it.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]