Re: ACTION-1569: Create a section that describes AAPI differences

Hi,

Sorry for not responding earlier.

> On 26/01/2016, at 7:52 AM, Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> Jason,
>
> We are about to pull in your suggested changes:
> http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/issue-540/core-aam/core-aam.html#comparing-accessibility-apis
>
> Cynthia (CC'ed) has proposed text for a section about UIA to be included.  Her suggested text is in this email:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Jan/0069.html
>
> Your text begins with section "1.3.1 ATK/AT-SPI".  We are going to follow that with section "1.3.2 UI Automation" using Cynthia's text.  Then your "1.3.2 Accessible Names and Descriptions" becomes "1.3.3 Accessible Names and Descriptions".  Any objections?

That reordering of the sections makes more sense, so no objections.

Regarding Cynthia’s proposed text about UIA, I wonder if the first paragraph and list in that text, which are about accessibility APIs generally, might be better added to section “1.1 Accessibility APIs”, possibly after the second paragraph there.

Then the remainder of Cynthia’s text specific to UIA could form the new section “1.3.2 UI Automation”, perhaps with a small tweak to what would then be the first paragraph of that new section, for example:

“In addition to the types of information typically provided by accessibility APIs (e.g. properties, states, events, actions, etc.), UI Automation also supports the concept of patterns…."

Does that make sense?

> You have question in that last section about UIA descriptions, " Automation elements in the UIA accessibility tree have a Name property. [what about description in UIA?].   I've created an action for Cynthia to provide an answer (ACTION-2008).  I would like to replace your question with a references to the ACTION.

Great.

> In terms of mechanics, is there a pull request for your changes?  Or shall I just merge them in?

Feel free to just merge them in, unless you would prefer a pull request (although there will likely be conflicts to resolve given that branch 1540 with my changes are a year old now).

Thanks,

Jason