Commit 05f1df89 introduced a contradictory change to aria-labelledby

From: Daniel Trebbien <dtrebbien@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:51:44 -0500
To: wai-xtech@w3.org, public-pfwg-comments@w3.org
Hello,

This commit: https://github.com/w3c/aria/commit/05f1df89
introduced a change in wording to aria-labelledby that I think was
unintended.

As of the previous commit, 50e8ce8d, aria-labelledby said:

If the label text is visible on screen, authors should use aria-labelledby
> and should not use aria-label. Use aria-label only if the interface is such
> that it is not possible to have a visible label on the screen. As required
> by the text alternative computation, user agents give precedence to
> aria-labelledby over aria-label when computing the accessible name property.

http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/50e8ce8d/spec/aria.html#aria-labelledby

In 05f1df89, this changed to:

If the label text is visible on screen, authors should use aria-label. Use
> aria-label only if the interface is such that it is not possible to have a
> visible label on the screen. As required by the text alternative
> computation, user agents give precedence to aria-label when computing the
> accessible name property.

http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/05f1df89/spec/aria.html#aria-labelledby

This is contradictory with the aria-label and Text Alternative Computation
spec.

I think that it should be changed back to:

If the label text is visible on screen, authors should use aria-labelledby
> and should not use aria-label.

Sincerely,

Daniel Trebbien