Re: Minutes: [aapi] UAI TF Meeting Tue 25 Mar 2014

In looking at the table triggering element:

<summary style="MozUserSelect: none; msUserSelect: none; webkitUserSelect:
none" aria-expanded=true id=undefined role=button tabIndex=0
jQuery190036950641365064723="718"><A class=state-reference
href="http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-1.1/states_and_properties#aria-grabbed"><CODE>aria-grabbed</CODE>
(state)</A> (state)</summary>

I'm getting some weird JAWS feedback due to having two types of interactive
elements declared, the button surrounding the link.

Wouldn't this be better marked up as the following?

<summary style="MozUserSelect: none; msUserSelect: none; webkitUserSelect:
none" aria-expanded=true id=undefined role=button tabIndex=0
jQuery190036950641365064723="718"><A class=state-reference
href="http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-1.1/states_and_properties#aria-grabbed"
tabindex="-1" role="presentation"
><CODE>aria-grabbed</CODE> (state)</A> (state)</summary>

Thus taking the link out of the tab order and removing it's link role?

Also, (state) is announced twice as the button label.

All the best,
Bryan