Re: PFWG-ISSUE-348: Consider renaming (now actually 'deprecating' in ARIA 1.1) role="presentation" to avoid avoid author confusion

I understand, thanks.

What I'm seeing is a lot of mixing of the attributes alt="", aria-label="",
role="presentation", and references to images.

E.G as Richard said
"WCAG 2 would like developers to be able to use aria-label vs. alt for
labeling content. The reason for this is that ARIA has become a common
accessibility API for the Web and it spans more content than just images.
However, to do this we want authors to NOT use aria-label="". That is
inherently bad as it gets misused. Rather when people provide a label we
want it to be be meaningful. However, elements that are indeed
presentational we want to allow them to convey that semantically and do it
in such a way that is with less pain. Allowing for a role="" to have the
same functionality as role="presentation" and having the added benefit of
removing the thing from the accessibility object tree as it is useless will
allow for improved AT peformance - something that alt="" does not do. James'
suggestion is solid."

As I said, I understand the logic, and I'm sorry if I've made an issue of
this.

It's important to be clear that role="presentation" applies to all elements
and has no direct connection with alt="" or aria-label other than to remove
the tag that it applies to from the accessibility tree.