generic roles (Was: Summarizing the contentious history of re-opened PFWG-ISSUE-348: Consider renaming (now actually 'deprecating' in ARIA 1.1) role="presentation" to avoid avoid author confusion)

This one came up at the F2F, too.

ISSUE-638: Generic container roles for things like div/span…
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/638

block and inline aren’t specific enough. For example, <h2> is a block, but clearly should have the role “heading” not “block”. Likewise <a href> (links) are inline, but should retain their “link” roles.

This may  something like “generic” and if the platform mapping needed to, it would automatically map “generic” to a platform-specific difference between block and inline. I’m not yet convinced that we need separate roles for block and inline though.