Re: Regarding the accessible name calculation for aria-label within links?

On 2014-02-13 9:19 PM, James Teh wrote:
> This is all related to how the name is exposed by browsers/via
> accessibillity APIs.

Right.

> It is not targeted at what ATs should actually report.

Right.

> If we followed these rules exclusively to determine what to report,
> we'd never bother reporting the text inside editable text fields.
> Again, my point is that the spec doesn't cover AT behaviour here, so
> arguments about ATs failing to comply here are incorrect.

Understood.

My point was simply that the text alternative algorithm *does* provide
information regarding when authors can override contents, at least with
respect to calculating the name exposed through the a11y API.  I
understood you as saying the spec provided absolutely no guidance in
this regard.  Perhaps I misunderstood.

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -