Re: @aria-describedat at-risk in ARIA 1.1 heartbeat draft

Alex, three was interest in SVG in having this function. Gerardo Capriel
from Benetech, at that time, worked with George to bring the
aria-describedat feature to the aria working group.

Behavior work was something we were targeting for ARIA 2.

Honestly guys. longdesc was included in HTML4 for years and browsers
supported it for years. I have stated that I am not a huge fan of it as it
needs visual indication that there is more information there but
programmatically it is not a new invention. Rendering the indication should
be a requirement of the host language. The ARIA spec. can suggest this via
a MAY or a SHOULD but that is as far as it goes.

Rich Schwerdtfeger