Re: Is there an aria-level=0 ?

On 2013-03-12 8:04 PM, James Craig wrote:
> I don't have a strong preference one way or the other, but it seems like this should be raised as an issue on the UAIG.

The UAIG provides some guidance in the section on "Group Position" [1].
Quoting the relevant text:

> aria-level, aria-posinset, and aria-setsize are all 1-based. ... If
> any of these properties are specified by the author as either "0" or a
> negative number, user agents SHOULD use "1" instead.

Note that it's a "SHOULD" and not a "MUST", meaning user agents might
have a valid reason to not set it to "1".  My guess is that FF is not
bothering because it takes more cycles to perform the correction than it
does to simply pass the value through to the AAPI.  But, that's just a
guess.  Anyone from FF know?

[1]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_additional_position

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -