Re: [ime-api] Re: FYI: new WD of Input Method Editor API published

Hi James,

Thanks for the comment.

Let me confirm I understand your comment.
The suggestion list which is rendered in your comment, is not for custom
rendering of
suggestions from IME, but those from a web service (e.g. Google Suggest).
So the intention of that example is a use of setExclusionRectangle() to
give IME hint
about where the web suggestion region is rendered, and let IME try to avoid
that
region if it wants to show any UI element overlapping that area otherwise.

It would be nice if platforms (OSX, Windows, Linux...) provide ways to
* tell IME to suppress showing UI elements (especially suggestion UI during
composition)
* get signals from IME whenever it shows/hides any UI element (and
cancelable, if possible)
but there are no platform APIs in common.

I haven't explored accessibility feature on OSX, but does it provide any of
the above?
As far as I know NSTextInputClient does not provide them.

--
Takayoshi Kochi