Re: suggest deprecating alertdialog role in ARIA 1.1

Hi Stefan,

>> It is not the fault of the ARIA spec that alertdialog is poorly supported in AT.

My point is that if implementors are unwilling or don't see the use in
implementing a differentiation between alertdialog and dialog then it
is not useful. If the unique characteristics of alertdialog that
meaninfully differentiate it from dialog are not implemented across
browsers and AT then having it in the spec is not helpful for users or
authors.

regards
SteveF

--