Re: Handling of landmark roles on native markup

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Alexander Surkov
<surkov.alexander@gmail.com> wrote:
> Old wording makes more sense for me.

Are you talking about a "wording" (how something is phrased) or about
a different behavior (what the wording actually means)? If the later,
would you be able to tease out why it makes more sense?

> ARIA is restricted to external input, many discussions happens on
> phone calls which is not friendly to time zones. As Firefox a11y
> developer I was never asked or even told about changes. Thus often I
> don't have a chance to provide feedback. Sometimes I have a feeling
> that Firefox is no longer part of ARIA progress.

I can appreciate that interfacing with PFWG must be fairly frustrating
for implementors; it's fairly frustrating for some of us in other WGs
too.

Note you can always provide formal feedback on a Public Working Draft via:

    public-pfwg-comments@w3.org

Sadly there doesn't seem to be any commitment to process such comments
outside of allocated comment periods, and there doesn't seem to be any
official channel for commenting on Editorial Drafts. The comment
period for ARIA 1.0 Candidate Recommendation ended more than a year
ago (February 2011).

See also: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/comments/instructions

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis