Re: Drop longdesc, get aria-describedat?

Hi Laura,

you wrote:

"A warning for a proper longdesc is simply wrong. People should not be
reprimanded for doing the right thing. On the contrary, they should be
applauded."

the details element is an example of a conforming HTML5 feature that
triggers a warning in the http://validator.w3.org/nu/

"*Warning*: The details element is not supported properly by browsers yet.
It would probably be better to wait for implementations."

If longdesc becomes conforming in HTML5, I would strongly favour a warning
to inform developers of its lack of support.

regards
Stevef

--
with regards