Re: advice about link activation keys

From: Victor Tsaran <vtsaran@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:35:11 -0800
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
I don't think any browsers implement activation of a link via a space key. Only buttons have that functionality. Screen readers are the ones that intercept the space bar to overload the link activation and clicking functions.
It's a good question as to why the suggestion was made in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone