Re: Comment on ARIA 1.0: Problematic conformance requirement for aria-hidden

Steve Faulkner, Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:01:49 +0100:
> hi Ben,
>>How does this impact what ARIA should say here, in your view?
>
> I think that we should not be adding additional burden and complexity
> for authors with aria-hidden.
>
> aria-hidden confuses me.
>
> I think that html5 hidden and CSS display:none should be functionally
> and semantically the same and that both should imply aria-hidden=true

I think the intention of ARIA's MUST is that authors must/should do

element[aria-hidden=true]{display:none}

rather than

element{display:none}

Do you suggest that ARIA 1.0 should say "SHOULD" instead of "MUST"
w.r.t. aria-hidden="true"?

Leif H Silli