Re: aria test files using html4 doctype

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:36:31 +0100
To: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Cc: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:
> By "forking" tests, do you mean creating tests that are substantially
> similar to the existing tests, but using HTML 5?

I meant literally forking the source code to produce HTML5 versions yes.

> That is something that can
> be done. A good portion of the current ARIA tests are automatically
> generated and I'm willing to generate HTML 5 versions of those.

That sounds like it could help Steve out?

> The question
> would be where (in which repository) to put them - in the PFWG repository,
> the HTML WG repository, or somewhere else?

HTML5 is an ARIA host language so I think it makes sense that the ARIA
aspects of HTML are tested along with the rest of HTML. There is an
ongoing effort to produce a test suite for HTML5:

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

Here's the repository:

   http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/

I was vaguely thinking the ARIA test suite could be incorporated into
that effort.

> Note we're still creating ARIA test files so the job wouldn't be "done"
> until we finish that. And we haven't even begun doing "QA" tests, e.g.,
> testing all the potential failure conditions etc. We've only focused so far
> on tests necessary to demonstrate interoperability for CR.

I'd have thought interoperability of handling of failure conditions
was part of that, but OK.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis