Re: ARIA impl guide is not clear about aria-checked

Created a but and assigned to you David.

Andi

From: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
To: wai-xtech@w3.org
Date: 04/04/2012 03:48 AM
Subject: ARIA impl guide is not clear about aria-checked

Hi.

5.5.1. State and Property Mapping Table
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_state-property_table

):
aria-checked="false" (state) Expose object attribute checkable:true
aria-checked is undefined (state)   Not mapped

6.2. Author Errors
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#document-handling_author-errors:

If a WAI-ARIA property contains an unknown or disallowed value, the
user agent SHOULD expose to platform accessibility APIs as follows:
    1) When exposing as an object attribute, expose the unknown value
— do not vet it against possible values.
    2) When exposing as a platform API Boolean state, treat "",
"undefined" or no attribute present as false. Treat any other value as
true.
    3) Otherwise, ignore the value and treat the property as not present

Technically aria-checked is exposed as "checkable" object attribute on
IA2 and ATK what requires UA to expose unknown value per 1) (bw, it's
not clear what is unknown value because a property can contain
"unknown or disallowed value"). Role mapping requires the
role="checkbox" to be exposed with "checkable:true" attribute (per
5.4.1. Role Mapping Table) so we run into collision if
aria-checked="wrongvalue" is specified.

It sounds that "checkable:true" should be treated as API Boolean
state. So true value is "checkable:true", false value is no
"checkable" attribute. I think the wording should be changed to make
it clear.

Thanks.
Alex.