Re: [css3-speech] LC comment: voice-rate percentages

Hi Greg,

Regarding "COMMENT 1": I re-read the current specification prose, I re-read your suggested editorial changes, and I came to the conclusion that the current prose already addresses your concerns. We explicitly give an example for 50% (half the inherited speaking rate), and further below we even give an example for 120%. We also express the fact that the baseline rate to which the percentage applies is speech processor-dependent. However, there is a mistake/typo in the example: "multiplied by 1.2" is not "one and a half times the speaking rate". This needs to be fixed.

Regarding "COMMENT 2": I don't think it is the role of a CSS specification to provide authoring guidelines (even informatively). I will double-check with the more seasoned Working Group members, but I believe it is uncommon practice to advise authors in the way you suggest.

Please let us know whether this response is satisfactory.
Kind regards, Dan