Re: Confusion about role of dialog

It may be too late but it would make it easier on authors if they did not
have to capture all the events to make a dialog behave like a dialog.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group

From:	Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
To:	Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:	"Schnabel, Stefan" <stefan.schnabel@sap.com>, James Nurthen
            <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Date:	02/02/2011 10:39 AM
Subject:	Re: Confusion about role of dialog
Sent by:	wai-xtech-request@w3.org

I think it would be better if a modal feature was included as part of
HTML5, as it would mean that event handling is looked after by the browser,
so authors/AT don't have to deal with it.

see this change proposal:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/modal

regards
stevef