Re: False aria-describedby expectations in ARIA Authoring Practices (longdesc)

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, judy asked people to provide feedback on that page as can be seen rich
> provided feedback on the 11/04

Fair enough.

I've added the following feedback:

Requirement 1 states "A programmatic mechanism to reference a specific
set of structured host language content, either internal or external
to the document containing the described image." I see no reason to
treat referencing an external resource as an accessibility
requirement.

Requirement 4 states "An explicit provision that accessing descriptive
content, whether internal or external to the document containing the
image, does NOT take the user away from the user's position in the
document containing the image where the verbose descriptor was
invoked." I think this is supposed to mean that after consuming the
long description, the user should be able to easily continue consuming
the main document from where they left off. If so, it could be more
clearly stated.

Requirement 9 states "Ease of use". I'd have thought this would go
without saying, much like security.

In general, I don't think these requirements should be translated into
MUST or SHOULD UI requirements in conforming UAs, but rather into
suggested UI, as I think the markup spec should be dictating semantics
not UI.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis