Re: False aria-describedby expectations in ARIA Authoring Practices (longdesc)

hi jonas,

> Like I said, this was a patch to the code that exposes content to AT
> users.

how does it do so?

what mecahnism does it use to provide access /point to  to structured
content only for AT users.

But having read further i do think you are correct in your interpretation

from the aria implementaion guide:

"Note that aria-describedby may reference structured or interactive
information where users would want to be able to navigate to different
sections of content. User agents MAY provide a way for the user to
navigate to structured information referenced by aria-describedby and
assistive technology SHOULD provide such a method."
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-implementation/#mapping_additional_relations

still the problem being that there is no requirment on either browsers
or AT to do so and as implemented none do it.

So in regards to the leifs original issue with the authoring guide, I
still think he is correct and that until such times that
aria-describedby is implemented in a way that matches the authoring
advice it is misleading and inaccurate.

regards
stevef

--