Re: Questions arising from ARIA/HTML5 integration

hi henri,
>This makes sense for <nav> vs. role=navigation, but what ARIA attributes
would you put on <input type=date> to expose it to AT in a UA that doesn't
support ><input type=date> (i.e. where it degrades to <input type=text>)?

would it not be the case that if the UA does not support <input type=date>
then the datepicker widget would not be displayed?

In this case there is no need to have any extra roles to define how to
interact with the date picker. it would present itself as an input
type="text" which already has a mapping to Accessibility APIs. i

for a UA that supports <input type=date> such as Opera the role, properties
and states for the various pieces of the associated UI will have to be wired
to the various  Accessibility APis by the browser developers.

as an example though, as presented in the Opera  implementation, the role
for <input type=date> would have be an aria role="textbox" with
aria-haspopup="true"

regards
stevef

--