Re: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

2009-10-21 12:37, Schnabel, Stefan skrev:
> I’d like to see the conformance checker algorithm code that can decide
> if <a> has been erroneously used instead of <button> in a form- like
> element grouping …

Would it not suffice if the validator in its error message complained
about the a-element instead of the ARIA role.

E.g. "ARIA role and element name mismatch. If you intend to use this
link as a button, use the button element."

Such an error message can be silenced by removing the ARIA role, but its
wording is focusing the use of the a-tag, thus encouraging the use of
proper markup.

BTW, I think YUI and JQuery can be evangelized into using button. Does
anyone have a link to their bug tracker?

--
Lars Gunther
http://keryx.se/