Re: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

Hi ian,

> <snipping> the example stuff as the discussion is not about what
> developers _should_ do, its about what developers _can_ and _do_.

>Conformance is about what developers _should_ do, however.

I agree, but developers are allowed to add behaviours and styles that turn a
link into a button and they won't get nagged when they check the conformance
of the code, but adding a role will result in  a conformance error. Easy way
to get rid of it is to remove the ARIA role, what results in a conforming,
but less accessible ineterface control. seems like the goal conformance is
wrong if this occurs.

If the point of conformance is about what devlopers _should_  do then
developers need to be told their code is non conforming regardless of the
presence of ARIA.

regards
Stevef

2009/10/21 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> >
> > <snipping> the example stuff as the discussion is not about what
> > developers _should_ do, its about what developers _can_ and _do_.
>
> Conformance is about what developers _should_ do, however.
>
> --

with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe