Re: [aapi] ARIAAttrModified?

Hi Becky,

The idea is that when exposing an accessible object for a given DOM
node, call it "foo", then if foo has one of these 'writeable' aria
attributes (http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/#aria-write) that
are considered handy for an AT to change, then the accessible object
exposed can also expose one or more accessible actions that correspond
to the values (probably NMTOKENS), that the aria attribute could have.
If an AT invoked one of the actions then FF would update the
aria-attribute with a value that corresponds to that action.

So in your example, focus wouldn't be moved around (ideally), there
would just be an attribute mutation listener that caused the grid to
sort appropriately. It requires a mind shift from thinking of the aria
attribute as passive semantics, but instead, more of an active player.
The execution path is such that the aria-attribute mutations drive the
behaviour. In some ways it might lead to cleaner web app code. but I
admit I'm skeptical about adoption of this design pattern. If I wasn't
I'd be convinced this is a great direction.

I'm not seeing black or white on this.

cheers,
David