Re: ARIA integration in HTML 5

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> One lesson we can take from the summary attribute, is that in order to
> progress with ARIA we need a modified process.

Yes, also @summary has shown that the current process generally just
isn't working. I /do/ sincerely hope that we can learn from all this and
work together to improve it.

However, to do this we gotta be honest. While it does make for a
compelling soap opera; the modus operandi of the group is to rely on
asynchronous "discussion", which in principle is fine, but in practice
only gives the process a patina of diplomatic double speak that has
often been hard to stomach when you factor in the nature of the
transmissions from what seems to be the "real discussion" on the WHATWG
IRC. I don't know if this comment helps, but I have been truly shocked
at some of the things that have been expressed there and that has
seriously effected how I perceive this group, this list and the process
- as well as what I am prepared to do.

Actually, my last point is moot. The situation is what it is, and I
don't see it changing without some Copernican change in consciousness.

Maciej said:
> I'm assuming integration of ARIA would be either by referencing the ARIA spec or incorporating it wholesale.

It would be great if that did happen but I doubt it will be that easy.

>Or at least, I don't think sweating the details of every ARIA attribute would be a good use of the HTML Working Group's time.

It will happen anyway.

Cheers

Josh