Re: Announcing the Public ARIA Comment Tracker

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Janina Sajka wrote:

> > Some of the comments I sent:
> >
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2009Apr/0002.html
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2009Apr/0003.html
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2009Apr/0004.html
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2009Apr/0005.html
> >
> > ...don't appear to be on the list. Am I misreading the list somehow?
>
> It appears all four of these were emailed to wai-xtech and not to
> public-pfwg-comments@w3.org. Our tracking, unfortunately, is based on
> the latter address.

They were sent to public-pfwg-comments also:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2009AprJun/0027.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2009AprJun/0028.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2009AprJun/0029.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2009AprJun/0030.html

> Fortunately, it's not too late to get your comments in queue, and I
> believe we can assume them as of the date you originally mailed them.

W3C process actually requires that you accept all comments, so it will
never be too late for comments to be added to the queue. A working group
doesn't get to decide it will ignore feedback. :-) (Not that you would
want to anyway -- if someone raises a valid issue with a spec, why would
the working group want to ignore it?)

> PS: I'm very glad we were able to catch this misunderstanding while
> comments were still being processed. I take this as a win for the public
> tracker.

Indeed, thanks for having a public tracker, this is very useful. Much
appreciated.

Cheers,