Re: Using HTML form controls and links (Success Criterion 4.1.2 (Name, Role, Value))

Schnabel, Stefan wrote:
 >> None of the techniques is normative. Developers are always allowed to
 >> use other techniques that meet the success criteria.
 >
 > Can you point me to the location where exactly this statement is given
 > by W3C?

Hi Stefan,

It's in the Introduction [1]:

"Note that all techniques are informative. The "sufficient techniques"
are considered sufficient by the WCAG Working Group to meet the success
criteria. However, it is not necessary to use these particular
techniques. If techniques are used other than those listed by the
Working Group, then some other method for establishing the technique's
ability to meet the success criteria would be needed"

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/intro.html

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad