Re: WAI ARIA on mobile

and for more on how it is implemented by codefactory and humanware, see:
http://www.humanware.com/en-usa/products/blindness/orator_for_blackberry_smartphones/_details/id_131/orator_for_blackberry_smartphones.html
On Jul 27, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Christophe Strobbe wrote:

Hi,

At 23:44 24/07/2009, Victor Tsaran wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Thanks for the reference link  -- very helpful.
> We are still left with a basic problem that exists on mobile phones,
> i.e. absence of an accessibility API.

RIM also has an accessibility API:
<http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/6022/net/rim/device/api/ui/accessibility/package-summary.html
 >.
It has a list of roles at
<http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/6022/net/rim/device/api/ui/accessibility/AccessibleRole.html
 >.
I haven't tried to map them to WAI-ARIA.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe