Re: Discussion: Accessibility Issues Procedure

hi maciej
 a document that may be relevant is the charter [1] of the protocols and
formats working group

"The mission of the *Protocols and Formats Working Group*
(PFWG<http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/>)
(Member Confidential PFWG <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/>) is to increase
the support for accessibility in Web specifications. This mission flows from
the W3C mission of promoting universal access and
interoperability<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Points/>across the Web.
"

"The PFWG's scope of work includes:

   - Assuring the accessibility qualities of the technologies as specified
   in W3C Specifications"

So it is not like the other working groups you cite, as its main goal
involves ensuring the accessibility of the technologies of other
specifications.

I agree wholeheartedly that the PF or anybody else should be demanding
changes, at the same time the PF has a legitimate purview to review all
specifications produced by the W3C and provide advice on the apsects of the
specifications that affect accessibility.

the PF can make rcommendations if those recommendations are not accepted by
individuals in the working group such as yourself or the editor, but are
accepted by other members such as myself, then further discussion is
warranted, if this discussion does not result in consensus, then a vote on
the issue can be requested.

All normal and legitimate W3C working group process as far as i understand.

If the PF is not satisfied with the outcome and consider it of sufficient
importance then they can lodge a formal objection at last call as can other
working groups or individuals. Though a better outcome would be if the 2
groups work together to resolve any outstanding issues before last call,
which I think is what lauras document was seeking to formalise.

Now whatever process is used, there are 2 outstanding accessibility related
issues that I will consider lodging formal objections on.
1. canvas accessibility
2. the image section content related to alt.

myself and others, both inside and outside the html and PF working groups
are working to resolve these issues.

regards
stevef

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/charter200612#Mission